Butcher Block Countertop in Golden Teak Stained Acacia 4 ft. 11 in. L x 2 ft 1.5 in. D x 1.6 in. T
- Natural Warmth of Solid Acacia Hardwood, No Veneers Used
- End-Grain Butcher Block Construction, Ideal for Use as a Food Preparation Station
- Golden Teak, Food-Safe Hardwax Oil Finish, No Peanut Products Used in the Formula
- 59" x 25.5" x 1.6" countertop size fits Home Depot kitchen cabinets
- Acacia has natural water resistant properties, similar to teak, ideal for use indoors or outdoors
Acacia is a solid hardwood with natural water resistant properties similar to teak which makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. No veneers used. The end-grain butcher block construction is very durable and is recommended for food preparation areas. Interbuild's acacia countertops are Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations. Finished in Golden Teak with an all-natural, plant-based Hardwax Oil that is food-safe and contains no peanut products in its formula. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with natural wood oils that are food safe for wood preparation areas. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil annually to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 59" x 25.5" x 1.6" size is standard counter depth so it fits standard Home Depot kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration.