Butcher Block Countertop in Brown Stained Acacia 4 ft. 11 in. L x 2 ft 1.5 in D x 1.5 in. T
- The Natural Warmth of Natural Solid Acacia Hardwood
- End-Grain Butcher Block Construction, Very Durable, Ideal Suited For Chopping Food
- 59" x 25.5" x 1.5" size is standard counter depth and can be used as a Food Preparation Station as a Countertop Insert
- Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified Acacia Hardwood from Sustainable Plantations in Viet Nam
- Works well with standard wood-working tools
Acacia is a solid hardwood, no veneers, with natural water resistant properties similar to teak which makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The end-grain butcher block construction is very durable and is recommended for food preparation areas. Interbuild's acacia countertops are Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations in Viet Nam. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with natural wood oils that are food safe for wood preparation areas. Brown Food-Safe Hardwax Oil Finish, all natural 100% Plant-Based, No Peanut Products Used in Formula. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil annually to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 59" x 25.5" x 1.5" size is standard counter depth so it fits standard kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration.