Acacia Butcher Block Countertop in Brown Wood Oil Stain 3 ft. L x 25 in. D x 1.5 in. T
- Acacia has very good wood-working properties
- Acacia hardwood is heavy, hard, strong and tough with a density of 600 kg/m3 comparable to teak with a density of 655 kg/m3, by comparison white oak has a density of 755 kg/m3 and radiata pine has a density of 515 kg/m3
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood from sustainable sources in Vietnam
- Acacia has inherent wood oils, the same as teak, suitable for use in wet conditions, which gives it outstanding weather and water-resistant properties
- In fact, Acacia is the most used hardwood for wet environments inside for kitchen countertops and outside for patio furniture and deck tiles
Acacia butcher block hardwood is hard, strong and tough with a density of 600 kg/m3 comparable to Teak. By comparison White Oak has a density of 755 kg/m3 and Radiata Pine has a density of 515 kg/m3. This panel is made in Vietnam from plantations with a Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification. Acacia has very good wood-working properties. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use since it has inherent natural wood oils. In fact, acacia is the most-used hardwood for wet environments including kitchens, outdoor furniture and deck tiles. The acacia panels are glued with D4 glue suitable for outdoor use with no formaldehyde. All acacia countertops are finished with Interbuilds top-rated hardwax wood oil finish that is 100% free form Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).