Acacia Butcher Block Countertop in Golden Teak Stain 8 ft. L x 25 in. D x 1 in. T
- Solid Wood Acacia Hardwood Panels - No Veneer
- Natural Warmth of Real Wood
- Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified for Sustainable Forests
- Finished with Zero VOC Food-Safe Hardware Oils. No Peanut Products Used in Formula
- Installs With Standard Wood-Working Tools
Acacia is species of wood that is found in the forests of Vietnam and Australia. Our countertops are Forestry Stewardship Council certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations. It is naturally water resistant and is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with wood oils that are food safe for wood preparation areas. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil annually to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 96 in. x 25.5 in. x 1 in. size is standard counter depth so it fits standard kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration.