Acacia Butcher Block Island Countertop in Espresso Stain 8 ft. L x 40 in. D x 1 in. T
- Acacia looks and performs like teak but at a fraction of the cost
- Acacia hardwood is heavy, hard, strong and tough with a density of 600 kg/m3 comparable to teak with a density of 655kg/m3, by comparison white oak has a density of 755 kg/m3 and radiata pine has a density of 515 kg/m3
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood from sustainable sources in Vietnam
- Acacia has very good wood-working properties
- Acacia has inherent wood oils, the same as teak, suitable for use in wet conditions, which gives it outstanding weather and water resisting properties
Acacia solid hardwood countertops are durable with a density comparable to Teak and are built with short butcher block slats for a rustic look. This countertop is sourced in Vietnam with a Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification which validates that it is a renewal resource. Acacia has very good wood-working properties and be cut and shaped with power tools. Under-mount sinks can be installed since it is solid wood construction, no veneers. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use since it has inherent natural wood oils. In fact, acacia is the most-used hardwood for wet environments including kitchens, bathrooms, outdoor furniture and deck tiles. This acacia countertop is finished with Interbuild's hardwax natural wood oil finish that is food-safe, 100% free from Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and does not have any peanut products used in the plant-based formula.