Acacia Butcher Block Countertop in Brown Oil Stain 6 ft. L x 25 in. D x 1.5 in. T
- Solid acacia hardwood panels are easy to install with standard wood-working tools
- Natural warmth of real wood
- Countertops are finished with vegetable-based food-safe hardwax oil (no peanut products used in oil finish)
- FSC Certified - sourced from sustainable forests
- Acacia has the density and properties similar to teak with makes it an ideal product for wet environments
Acacia is species of wood that is found in the forests of Vietnam and Australia. Our countertops as Forestry Stewardship Council certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations. It is naturally water resistant and is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with wood oils that are food safe for wood preparation areas. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil annually to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 72" x 25.5" x 1.5" size is standard counter depth so it fits standard kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration.