Acacia Butcher Block Island Countertop in Golden Teak Stain 5 ft. L x 40 in. D x 1.5 in. T
- Solid acacia hardwood panels, no veneer
- Natural warmth of solid acacia hardwood
- End-grain butcher-block construction is best suited to food preparation
- Forestry Stewardship Council Certified (FSC) from eco-friendly sustainable plantations in Vietnam
- Can be installed as a separate food preparation station in an island or countertop
Acacia is a hardwood with natural water resistant properties similar to teak which makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Th end-grain butcher block construction is very durable is recommended for food preparation areas as. Interbuild's acacia countertops are Forestry Stewardship Council certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with natural wood oils that are food safe for wood preparation areas. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil annually to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 59 in. x 39 in. x 1.5 in. size is designed for island top use so it fits standard kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration.