Acacia Butcher Block Island Countertop, Espresso Stain Finish 6 ft. 2 in. L x 3 ft. 4 in. W x 1 in. T
- Solid Acacia Hardwood Panels are Easy to Install with Standard Wood-Working Tools
- Natural Warmth of Real Acacia Hardwood
- Countertops are finished with Vegetable-Based Food-Safe Hardwax Oil (No peanut products used in oil finish) Three coats of natural wood oil are require on all surfaces prior to final installation.
- FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) Certified Sourced from Sustainable Forests
- Acacia panels are great for other home projects such as tabletops, worktops, and shelving
Acacia is a species of wood that is found in the forests of Vietnam. Our countertops are Forestry Stewardship Council certified (FSC) which means the wood is harvested from sustainable, renewal plantations. It is naturally water resistant and is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications. It is important to note that acacia should be conditioned with wood oils that are food safe for food preparation areas. For the first month the conditioning oil should be applied weekly so that any water left standing on the surface just bubbles up. Once that has been achieved then it's just a matter of re-applying the conditioning oil as required to maintain the wood surface for a lifetime of use. The 74 in. x 40 in. x 1 in. size is an island top size that fits standard Home Depot kitchen cabinets. Acacia can be cut, drilled and routed easily with standard wood working tools so that it is possible to fit them to any countertop or island top configuration. Please note that each countertop is unique and is composed of light and dark wood grains that give it a unique hand-made character. Also, the product label is placed on the top surface of the countertop with the optimal surface finish. The reverse side is not the optimized side to use.