Square Edge, Espresso, Acacia, Select Appearance Board 3/4 in. x 20 in. x 5 ft.,
- 0.71 in. x 20 in. x 60 in. solid acacia hardwood, no veneers
- Pre-finished espresso finish with all-natural hardware oil
- Ideal for open kitchen shelving to match acacia countertops and island tops
- Top-coat with a clear natural oil wood sealant for a lifetime of use
- Many furniture applications for these beautiful project panels
This solid acacia hardwood project panel is suitable for carpentry projects. Ideal for open shelving in kitchens with butcher block countertops. Stain-finished espresso with all-natural Hardwax wood oil stain is VOC-free and food-safe. Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified acacia wood from sustainable resources. A hardwood that is extremely heavy, hard, strong and tough with a density of 600 kg/m3 comparable to Teak with a density of 655kg/m3. By comparison White Oak has a density of 755 kg/m3 and Radiata Pine has a density of 515 kg/m3. Very good wood-working properties Acacia has inherent oils, the same as teak, suitable for use in wet conditions, which gives it outstanding weather and water resisting properties. The most used hardwood for wet environments including kitchen countertops, garden furniture, outdoor furniture, deck tiles and decking world-wide. Panels glued with a class D4 glue (for outdoor use) with no formaldehyde. An additional two coats of a clear natural wood oil, such as mineral oil or a hardwax wood oil, are required, prior to installation, in order to enhance the beauty of the wood grain, condition the wood against changes in relative humidity and to protect and preserve the stained wood surface.